The ADvTECH Schools Division leads the private sector in the field of education, contributing meaningfully towards the sustainable development of human capacity in South Africa. Abbotts College Pretoria-East is a non-traditional, mainstream school seeking to employ a dynamic Academic Head, with an eye for detail and excellent administrative and management skills.
- To lead as a member of the management team of the School;
- Co-ordination of the academic and timetabling programmes;
- To conduct parent interviews and respond to parental needs;
- To implement and maintain the Code of Conduct;
- Events co-ordination and management;
- Marketing, Public Relations and Advertising management;
- Student discipline;
- To develop Student Leadership
- Co-ordinate outreach programmes;
- Financial management and control;
- Driving and managing innovation, research, development and implementation of initiatives;
- Provide academic leadership and guidance;
- Project management;
- Teaching roughly a 55% load.
- An open and creative outlook to education;
- Ability to motivate and deal empathetically at all levels;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, students and parents;
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Conflict management skills;
- Computer literacy is imperative;
- Must be a team player;
- SACE Registration.
- Minimum requirement is a recognised Degree and/or 4-year post-matric Teaching Qualification.
- Minimum 5 years Teaching and Management experience in the same or similar type of position in a similar environment.
- Previous experience managing IEB administrative requirements would be advantageous.